Personnel working offshore who are responsible for the duties of Helicopter Landing Officer (HLO) .
It is essential that competence be demonstrated throughout the duration of the course:
- Offshore helicopter operations and general safety
- Features of Helideck landing areas
- Helideck safety equipment and procedures
- Role of the HLO and Helideck team
- Communication procedures
- Helideck emergencies
- Basic meteorology
- Relevant Legislation & Acts.
It is recommended that the HLO’s attain current qualifications in:
- Offshore / Maritime Fire Fighting and BA
- Helideck Fire Fighting and Rescue
- Aircraft Radio Operator Certificate of Proficiency (AROCP)
- Emergency Response Team Leader (highly recommended)