Personnel working offshore who are responsible for the duties of Helicopter Landing Officer (HLO) or Helicopter Landing Officer’s Assistant, involved in helicopter refuelling operations on offshore platforms and mobile units.
To provide trainees with the knowledge and skills to carry out the duties involved with refuelling helicopters in an offshore environment.
It is essential that competence be demonstrated throughout the duration of the course:
Operate fuel reception into storage from ships
- Provide quality control of fuel from both bulk storage and drums
- Fuel helicopters using cabinet equipment and drums
- Maintain equipment used in fuelling helicopters
- Knowledge of emergency procedures
- Knowledge of relevant guidance documentation
Personnel attending the course should be qualified as an HLO or HLO’s assistant, preferably with experience in offshore helicopter operations.