Personnel who work, or are based permanently on an offshore installation.
In an emergency scenario personnel on an offshore facility may be required to abandon his/her station due to an onsite emergency and then survive at sea. This unit of competency is designed to allow personnel to improve their chance of survival through the application of agreed sea survival techniques and strategies following abandonment of the facility.
It is essential that competence is demonstrated throughout the duration of the course:
- Conduct offshore facility abandonment procedures
- Demonstrate the operation and use of a life jacket
- Deploy, board and manage a life raft
- Carry out safe water entry procedures from height
- Demonstrate techniques to assist in the delay of hypothermia
- Search and Rescue procedures
ELEMENTS OF COMPETENCY:
- PMAOHS215B/01Prepare for abandonment of the offshore facility
- PMAOHS215B/02Abandon the offshore facility
- PMAOHS215B/03Manage the survival process
- PMAOHS215B/04Facilitate the recovery process
- PMAOHS215B/05Control hazards