1300 ERGT AU (1300 3748 28)
You are here:
breathing apparatus and equipment in an irrespirable atmosphere as well as the use and maintenance or respiratory protective equipment. This applies to operators who may be required to use airline breathing apparatus equipment because they are working in; a confined space or hazardous area with hazardous gases/vapours, an oxygen deficient atmosphere or other situations requiring the use of breathing apparatus.
This course is suitable for individuals working as part of a team or group and working in liaison with other shift team members and the control room operator.
DURATION 1 day
LOCATIONS Perth, Melbourne and Darwin
MSMWHS216 Operate breathing apparatus
- Conduct pre-donning checks and tests on breathing apparatus
- Operate breathing apparatus
- Conclude operations in accordance with procedures TRAINING STANDARDS PRE-REQUISITES There are no training standard pre-requisites for this course. ERGT REQUIRED SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE In order to complete this training within ERGT’s course duration, it is recommended (but not mandatory) that trainees have the below skills and knowledge:
- Completed company induction training
- Workplace emergency response procedures (including extinguishers)
- Site emergency response structure and mustering procedures
- Understand organisational hazard identification and the reporting of hazards
- Risk assessment processes
- Common Safety Training Program (CSTP) for the Oil and Gas industry or equivalent.
If you do not have the recommended skills and knowledge please contact ERGT.
A medical certificate is not required for this course; however a health questionnaire and declaration of fitness will be required at course registration.
Please contact ERGT for any concerns regarding completion of practical training and assessment requirements and to discuss options for reasonable adjustment.
ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS Please read the AS/NZS 1715 Appendix B: Facial Seal of Respirators. You will not be able to meet competency if you do not comply with the requirements of the standard. Please contact ERGT if you require further clarification.
SKILLS MAINTENANCE In alignment with industry expectations and to ensure ongoing competence and capability ERGT recommends skills maintenance be conducted every 2 years.
AUTHORITY / REGULATOR Nationally Recognised Training is regulated by the Australian Skills Quality Authority (ASQA), which is the national regulator for Australia’s vocational education and training sector.
Copyright ERGT. All Rights Reserved