1300 ERGT AU (1300 3748 28)
You are here:
ERGT Australia’s (RTO 2534) OPITO Travel Safely By Boat (TSBB) course content covers risk awareness & assessment, essential safety rules and how to act in an emergency, personal safety commitments, use of personal safety equipment & boat transfer methodology.
This course is essential for personnel who work offshore that are required to travel to/for their work by boat.
DURATION: 2 Hours LOCATIONS: Darwin
LEARNING OUTCOMES: The expected learning outcomes for this course are:
- Donning of an appropriate flotation device as used during boat transfers
- A method of transfer between a simulated boat deck and a simulated fixed installation deck using swing rope transfers with luggage transfers
- Actions in preparation of boat emergency
- Actions in the event of an abandonment
- Survival techniques following an abandonment
A valid, current offshore medical certificate or an operator approved medical certificate, or a Medical Clearance completed by a medical practitioner. Please see the Medical Form document here for a list of accepted Medical Clearances.
Upon successful completion trainees will be issued with:
- A Record of Achievement in OPITO Travel Safely By Boat (Standard Code 5605)
This course is given through classroom presentations, activities and participant discussion as well as practical components within a simulated workplace environment. Trainees will demonstrate their competence through oral &/or written assessment & practical exercises.
Copyright ERGT. All Rights Reserved