1300 ERGT AU (1300 3748 28)
You are here:
This course is designed for personnel working on sea vessels who require the Certificate of Safety Training (CoST) or Standards of Training and Certification for Watchkeepers (STCW) issued by the Australian Maritime Safety Authority (AMSA). This course is one of the four short course requirements for the AMSA issued Certificate of Safety Training. The individuals attending the course will range from new inexperienced workers to experienced workers from the Maritime and Oil and Gas industries.
This training provides the skills and knowledge required to recognise and report security threats. This applies to seafarers working in the maritime industry requiring a CoST.
The STCW standard for Security Awareness Training (Table A VI/6-1) outcomes include the ability to:
- Contribute to the enhancement of maritime security through heightened awareness
- Recognise security threats
- Understand the need for, and methods of, maintaining security awareness and vigilance
The expected learning outcomes for this Nationally Recognised Training unit MARF003 Follow vessel security procedures are:
- Contribute to enhancing security through heightened awareness
- Recognise potential security threats
- Comply with reporting processes
RECOMMENDED SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
In order for ERGT to deliver the training and assessment in the timeframe specified for this course, it is desirable (but not mandatory) that trainees come to the course with a specific range of skills and knowledge as listed:
- Maritime experience on coastal or larger vessels
- Knowledge of ships procedures
- Security arrangements for maritime Vessels
ERGT have identified the following supporting courses that contribute to the trainees ability to meet the desired skills and knowledge. These are:
- Personal Safety and Social Responsibilities STCW Reg VI/1 and Code Section A-VI/1, Table A-VI/1-4
- Personal Survival Techniques STCW Reg VI/1 and Code Section A-VI/1, Table A-VI/1-1
- Fire Prevention and Fire Fighting STCW Reg VI/1 and Code Section A-VI/1, Table A-VI/1-2
If you do not have the recommended skills and knowledge please contact ERGT to discuss your options.
Upon successful completion trainees will be issued with a Basic Safety and Security Awareness Training in:
Security Awareness Training (STCW Reg VI/6 and Code Section A-VI/6, Table A-VI/6-1) Upon successful completion trainees will be issued with a Statement of Attainment in:
MARF003 Follow vessel security procedures
The Statement of Attainment issued for the Nationally Recognised Unit listed above is not required by ASQA to be revalidated. AMSA also does not require this training to be revalidated.
This course is a combination of theory and practical training in a simulated workplace setting. The focus is on developing skills and knowledge regarding Security Awareness in a maritime setting. Training will be delivered through group discussion, practical demonstrations and classroom presentations. Assessments will occur in both the training room and simulated workplace environment/s. Trainees must demonstrate satisfactory outcomes against all assessment criteria to be deemed competent. Guidance for conducting assessments is included in the Lesson Guide and assessment resources for this course.
Copyright ERGT. All Rights Reserved